[Accepted] Helga69's Ban Appeal

Posted by GodMode, 29th Oct, 2019 @ 9:01 am

Page 1 of 1 :

GodMode
user

Quiet Member

Dear popstarfreas,

I have recently been banned on your server so I have taken the time to answer some questions in hopes that I will be unbanned.

Ban Link- https://dark-gaming.com/ban/4077

I did not know the rules but it it probably would've been a rule so maybe?

I think the ban was both fair and unfair because I simply did not know the rules but I do not think that is a valid reason.

I would like to be unbanned because I enjoy playing on your server and it is honestly the best and most well known survival server. I guess that teeria legends is one but it has a leveling system that doesn't make it feel like vanilla terraria.

Sincerely, GodMode

29th Oct, 2019 @ 9:01 am

Quinci
user

Following procedure listed in the ban appeal format, I am the staff member who banned you and thus will handle the appeal, not popstarfreas.

Godmode posted :

I think the ban was both fair and unfair because I simply did not know the rules but I do not think that is a valid reason.

No this is not a valid reason. You just did not care to read the rules, much less follow them.

Godmode posted :

I did not know the rules but it it probably would've been a rule so maybe?...
I would like to be unbanned because I enjoy playing on your server and it is honestly the best and most well known survival server. I guess that teeria legends is one but it has a leveling system that doesn't make it feel like vanilla terraria.

It appears that you desired a more vanilla terraria experience. Assuming this, why would you use a modified client? Besides straying away from being vanilla, it makes redundant any effort put into obtaining items if you can just cheat any in. If hacking was allowed, why haven't you seen other players in survival with endgame gear?

29th Oct, 2019 @ 9:23 pm

GodMode
user

Quiet Member

Sorry, I did not know.

I didn't even know of this website or the location of the rules page so that answers your first question.

I don't really have an answer to the second question, but I would like to be unbanned. I have deleted the modified client, which you probably won't believe, but consider this fact.

29th Oct, 2019 @ 10:14 pm

Quinci
user

Read all of the rules here and copy exactly the rule(s) you broke/were in issue with.

29th Oct, 2019 @ 11:03 pm

GodMode
user

Quiet Member

I used a modified client.

30th Oct, 2019 @ 5:45 am

Quinci
user

Quinci posted :

Read all of the rules here and copy exactly the rule(s) you broke/were in issue with.

30th Oct, 2019 @ 8:10 am

GodMode
user

Quiet Member

#1 Hacked Clients [or Modified Clients]
All types of modified clients, that deviate gameplay functionally in any way from the original Terraria client; this also includes using 3rd party programs, such as Inventory Editors, to modify your character to possess impossibilities, but texture packs are exempt*. Warnings may be given, however due to the nature of the people using these clients, warnings may not be required, and in cases where this affects other players in a negative way, to a degree of selfishness, then the ban may not be appealed.

People using any sort of Modications for PvP Advantages are deemed worse. Therefore, they should not be warned and instead banned.

* That do not alter game mechanics (e.g. hitboxes, visibility of tiles/walls, visibility of lighting). In other words, they must keep all things in-tact that the originals do except the art style.

(this is the entire section)

31st Oct, 2019 @ 6:13 am

Quinci
user

There isn't much else that can be said towards your appeal. You have now read, at least for what you were in issue with, the rules and know not to break them. Keep in mind I generally do not accept a second appeal if someone continues to break the same rules after an appeal, as it clearly means they've knowingly broken the rules in spite of any consequences.
Appeal accepted.

31st Oct, 2019 @ 8:44 pm

GodMode
user

Quiet Member

Thank you and I swear I won't hack.

1st Nov, 2019 @ 3:48 am
Page 1 of 1 :

Sorry, you cannot post here; this thread is locked.