Password Reset

Posted by Nervtom, 27th Oct, 2014 @ 12:33 pm

Page 1 of 1 :

Nervtom
user

Quiet Member

I formated my PC so everything was gone... later i installed Terraria again and made my Terraria char new... and now my password for /login does not work! So... please can someone reset it? i cant login anymore....

PS: Please!

27th Oct, 2014 @ 12:33 pm

AstroSnail
user

Known Member

Login only works per registered character, not per IP. Also, you can't register a character with the same name as one which is already registered. You will have to start over, as far as I can see.

27th Oct, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

Nervtom
user

Quiet Member

? I have a new Char with the same name. The only thing that does not work is my password.... when i have my password from my old char i can login... or not?

27th Oct, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

AstroSnail
user

Known Member

Characters and worlds are saved on your computer, with their own unique id or something like that, but the server only saves the name, id and corresponding password on it. If your character is permanently deleted, the new character will have a different id and be recognised as a completely different character by the server. Now look at my reply above.

27th Oct, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

AstroSnail
user

Known Member

*****BUMP*****
So I just discovered you can use /login [name of registered character] [password] and it works just fine. If you're still playing, try it.

3rd Nov, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

thomas11
user

Quiet Member

I have another login called TJP1234 where I have much more progress. I have forgotten the password, can you help me?

21st Dec, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

AstroSnail
user

Known Member

If you have forgotten the password, there is little (that I know) you can do about that. Start over is my only advice.

22nd Dec, 2014 @ 11:17 pm

Bomby
user

Known Member

Astrosnail, you can create another char with the same name and use the same login. the server does not save the ID Only the name

23rd Dec, 2014 @ 9:54 pm

AstroSnail
user

Known Member

then try to answer this guy's problem

23rd Dec, 2014 @ 9:55 pm

Bomby
user

Known Member

When i forgot my password, rofle did something

23rd Dec, 2014 @ 9:55 pm

AstroSnail
user

Known Member

I meant the OP's problem, but that might do

23rd Dec, 2014 @ 9:56 pm

thomas11
user

Quiet Member

Who is rofle? can he do the same for me??

7th Jan, 2015 @ 8:17 pm

ThePunisher
user

Known Member

Um.. popstarfreas, that's Rofle.

8th Jan, 2015 @ 5:09 pm

hellojellomello
user

Quiet Member

ok so
for me i agree.start over but i forgot my password so.
i am banned (for no reason) but i want to restart/make a new account
and delete my banned one but the problem is
the server keeps on saying im banned i dont know but i think both name ip or other thing isnt gonna help
please reply if i got mistakes or you got solutions

thank you-

21st Jan, 2019 @ 2:36 am
Page 1 of 1 :